Monday, February 7, 2011

What is Real Beauty?

As I read the following devotional by Dr. Adrian Rodgers, I pondered what real beauty really is. This is something that I have been struggling with, as I myself have been aging. Not that I am calling myself a “beauty.” Not at all. But as I head closer to that ½ century mark, I struggle with aging more. The Bible is pretty clear on real beauty, though. “Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30. So this tells us two things, I believe. First of all, all beauty passes. We all age - we all get “old.” And, secondly, that inner beauty is more desirable than outer beauty.
 
TRUE BEAUTY

BIBLE MEDITATION:
1 Peter 3:4b “... even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.”

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Are you a woman struggling with the way you look? We all know that women want to be beautiful, especially to their husbands and boyfriends, but so often women think that beauty is found at a cosmetics counter, on a dress rack, or in a jewelry box. Those things are corruptible, and what’s in vogue today is out of fashion when next year’s supermodels hit the runway. The only thing that will make you more beautiful, day after day, is what you nurture within yourself: serenity. The ornament of a meek and quiet spirit is worth far more than the most expensive jewel you can wear around your neck.

ACTION POINT:Stand in front of the mirror today. Imagine Jesus by your side, and ask Him to create in you a gentle and quiet spirit of love.
~Devotional by Dr. Adrian Rodgers
 
I hope this is an encouragement to you and blesses your heart.
God Bless! :o)

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Sandy! You are an awesome beauty - both in the God's eyes and in the eyes of man! Please don't worry about aging...I'm right there with you in age and choose to ignore it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! That is so sweet! And you, too are an awesome beauty - inside and out (in the sight of God and man)!! I think I will take your advice and choose to ignore it. It is a fact of life anyway, and the way our Amazing God made us. <3

    ReplyDelete