Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to Hear's God's Voice

A few weeks ago I was watching Pastor Robert Morris from Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.  He was doing a series on How to Hear God's Voice.  The following is an outline that he gave. This is basic stuff that many Christians may already know, but I thought I would share because I thought it was really good.  Some of the words below the outline (the numbers 1-4) are my own and/or are my interpretation of what Pastor Morris said.

How to Hear God's Voice

1. Set an Appointment and Be Still.

Set aside time with God everyday.  If you are not spending time with Him, you are not going to be able to recognize or hear His voice.  To have a personal relationship with anyone, you have to spend time with them. The same holds true of your relationship with Christ.

“Be still, and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

2. Worship

Worship prepares our heart to hear from God.

"All Your works shall praise You, O Lord, and Your loving ones shall bless You [affectionately and gratefully shall Your saints confess and praise You]."  Psalm 145:10

"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him."  John 4:23

3. Pray and Read.

Pray about what is on your heart that day.  Then read.  If it's on a specific subject, read verses about that.  You can look up verses in your concordance. Find a starting point and start reading.

4. Listen and Write.

Write your prayers.  Write when you are meeting with God. Write what you are thinking. God's answer will be for your prayer.  Write what you think God is saying to you through His Word that day. 

"My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer."  Psalm 45:1

 “All this,” David said, “I have in writing as a result of the LORD’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.” 1 Chronicles 28:19

"Then the LORD replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it." Habakuk 2:2

The Word of God is valuable and precious.  And in order to hear His voice, we must spend time with Him.

"The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli. In those days the word of the LORD was rare; there were not many visions."  1 Samuel 3:1

I hope this information is a blessing and that it helps to draw you closer to God and to hear His voice. 

God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment