Thursday, January 27, 2011

More of God's Promises

Are you feeling overwhelmed? Does life have you down? Are your burden’s many? The Lord does not promise to take away all of our pain and sorrow, but He promises to be with us through every trial.

“(2)When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (3)For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior..” Isaiah 43:2-3

“Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.” Psalm 55:22

But you say, I just can’t take it any more. It’s just too much. I’m about to lose my mind. No, the Lord knows just how much you can take:

“The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.” 1 Corinthians 10:13

I can attest to this. There have been times in my life when I truly did not think I could take any more. I saw no light at the end of the tunnel. I really was truly in despair, but God faithfully brought me through. Just when I thought I couldn’t make it, things got better. God will pull you through any circumstance, any situation. If you are a child of God. He is faithful, He will do what He says He will do. Every single time.

He is on your side and He will turn back your enemies:

(9) On the very day I call to you for help, Then my enemies will turn back; This I know, God is on my side. (10) Oh God, I praise Your word. Yes, LORD, I praise Your word. (11) I trust in God; So why should I be afraid? What can man do to me? Psalm 56:9-11

How awesome is that? God will turn back our enemies!!! It can’t get any better than that! But let me be very, very clear on one point. HE will turn them back and HE will take care of them. That is not OUR job. It is HIS. His Word is clear. We are to love our enemies:

“(44) But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, (45) that you may be children of your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:44-45

And, of course, the first and greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:37), and the second one is like it - to love our neighbor as ourselves (Matthew 22:39).

Tomorrow I will continue with more Promises of God. I hope this has been a blessing and encouragement to you.

God Bless! :o)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment